4moms MamaRoo vs RockaRoo: Which One Is Better For You?
MamaRoo and RockaRoo: A side-by-side comparison
Design and Features
RockaRoo baby Rocker or MamaRoo Baby Swing? Here are a few design and feature differences that will help you make your decision between the RockaRoo vs MamaRoo.
- The MamaRoo Baby Swing: Our original swing, the MamaRoo Baby Swing was inspired by the natural rhythms and motions parents make to comfort and entertain their baby. With its sleek and modern design, the MamaRoo Baby Swing provides an adjustable seat recline, easy-clean machine-washable fabrics and a choice of three colors. Use it from birth until your baby reaches 25 pounds.
- The RockaRoo Baby Rocker: The RockaRoo Rocker is a modern version of a traditional swing, with a compact footprint and a lightweight design that makes it perfect for smaller spaces. It has a contoured seat and easy-to-clean fabric. Use it from birth until your baby reaches 20 pounds.
Motion and Swinging Options
- The MamaRoo Baby Swing: With the MamaRoo Baby Swing, you can combine 5 different motions and 5 different speeds until you find the just-right movement that moves like you do. The motions include car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, rock-a-bye, and wave to replicate the natural up-and-down, and side-to-side movements parents make when calming or entertaining their babies.
- The RockaRoo Baby Rocker: The RockaRoo Baby Rocker offers a smooth, front-to-back gliding motion that babies love in a compact and modern design. Choose from five ranges of motion to find the one that your baby will love.
- The MamaRoo Baby Swing: Four different built-in sounds comfort and entertain your baby as they sway in the MamaRoo Baby Swing. You can even connect the MamaRoo Baby Swing to your phone via Bluetooth and stream your baby’s favorite tunes. An adjustable mobile with interactive, removable toys is also included to keep your baby entertained and boost their sensory development.
- The RockaRoo Baby Rocker: The RockaRoo Baby Rocker also comes with an overhead mobile with removable interactive toys that your baby can play with. It does not include any built-in sounds, however.
Comfort and Adjustability
- The MamaRoo Baby Swing: The MamaRoo Baby Swing is designed to grow with your baby from birth until they reach 25 pounds. The seat reclines along the central rail to a variety of positions so you can find the incline your baby loves. You’ll love that seat fabrics are easy to remove and machine washable so you never have to worry about keeping the MamaRoo Baby Swing clean.
The MamaRoo Baby Swing is sturdy and stable, and the seat can be configured with a three-point or five-point harness to keep your baby safe and well positioned. Keep in mind that the MamaRoo Baby Swing is NOT made for your baby to sleep in. If your baby falls asleep in the MamaRoo Baby Swing, transfer them immediately to a flat, firm surface for sleeping.
- The RockaRoo Baby Rocker: The RockaRoo Baby Rocker has a contoured seat that keeps baby comfortable. Like the MamaRoo Baby Swing, when the seat gets dirty you just zip off the fabric and toss it in the washing machine. Similarly the RockaRoo Baby Rocker is NOT made for sleep. If your baby falls asleep in the RockaRoo Baby Rocker, transfer them immediately to a flat, firm surface for sleeping.
Ease of Use
- The MamaRoo Baby Swing: The MamaRoo Baby Swing was designed to make your life easier, and includes the intuitive control panel that makes it simple to pick the right combination of motions, speeds and sounds that work for your baby.
Even easier? You can control it all with your smart phone using the 4moms app—and our new Find Your Roo app feature can even help you find the motion and speed combinations that are closest to your own natural movements.
- The RockaRoo Baby Rocker: Similar to the MamaRoo Baby Swing, the RockaRoo Baby Rocker is powered by an AC adaptor so you never have to worry about having the right size batteries on hand, plus, it’s easy to assemble right out of the box—no tools required! The control panel features a dial that easily switches between each rocking range.
What They’re Saying
Wondering what parents really think of 4moms baby swings and seats?
Check out a few recent reviews about what sets the MamaRoo Baby Swing apart from other swings:
“I have twins and being able to have a place to set a baby down where they will be happy is such a life saver! It is easy to switch through the motions & speeds which makes this swing even more helpful for twins who both like different things!” - Sarah
“One of my favorite features is Find Your Roo on the app. It recommends the motion setting that matches your personal rocking technique. It was nice to have an idea of which motions my son might like best!” - Hannah
RockaRoo Baby Rocker users give us similar raves:
“Great for babies and moms. The baby swing is exactly what we needed. It has a nice sleek design and doesn’t take up much room, which is a plus for us. It has a front and back motion, which is great for moms—I can do laundry, wash dishes, and clean up around the house while keeping the baby entertained.” - Jammellwilliams
Choose the MamaRoo or the RockaRoo—or Both!
MamaRoo swing vs RockaRoo. Still not sure which is the right baby swing for you? Both offer significant benefits that make sense depending on your situation. Think of the MamaRoo Baby Swing as a second set of arms that will keep your baby comforted and entertained with motions and movements that closely mimic your own, while the RockaRoo Baby Rocker is a modern twist on a traditional swing and offers the front to back gliding that most babies love.
Another factor to take into account when look at the 4moms MamaRoo vs the RockaRoo, is the footprint. In addition to its lower price point, the RockaRoo Baby Rocker has a smaller footprint than most swings so even if you’re short on space you can fit a swing to comfort and entertain your little one. It’s also an ideal option to keep at Grandma’s house where it might not be used as frequently but is still needed to give tired arms a break.
Whether you choose one or the other, both swings are a dedicated safe space for your little one to hang out and keep your little one content.